Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Favorite Mistake


My favorite mistake was to gamble in 6th grade with dice. It was me and four other friends. I had a total of 5 dollars, we were playing for money. We started to play during recess by some basketball courts. Even during class we all played. For us it was just like a fun game to play.
The next day during recess we all got together in a circle and started to play. We were in our 7th game when my friend Andrew said “The yard duty keeps on looking at us weird.” David which was my other friend said “They can’t do nothing were just playing with dice.” We all agreed with him and continued to play.
The yard duty walked up to our little circle and said “What are you all doing?” we just responded by saying playing dice. She saw the money and told us if we were playing for money. David said “Yes we are.” She told me because I was the one that was counting my money to follow her. She took me to the vice principal’s office.
I didn’t know what was happening. Once we got to his office she explained everything we were doing. The vice principal told me if I knew that gambling with money while being under 18 was illegal. I just looked at him and said no. He said who had brought the dice, I told him I didn’t know. He told me to take the money I had out and give it to him. He told me he was going to be easy with me and wasn’t going to call my parents I felt happy, but sad at the same time because he was going to keep my money.
At last I learned not to gamble with money especially under the age of 18 especially during school. I told my friends the next day of everything that had happened. Since that day we never brought dice to school anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment